Friday, July 01, 2011

Coming in September: A KILLER'S ESSENCE from Dave Zeltserman

While I was devouring Lars Kepler's The Hypnotist yesterday, my husband Dave was steadily consuming an advance copy of Dave Zeltserman's newest crime novel. Here's his response:

Last night I finished the best crime novel I have read in the last year -- an advance reading copy of Dave Zeltserman's book A Killer's Essence, which will be published by Overlook Press in September. The story line was superb as well as the characters, and especially the New York City Police Detective Stan Green. 
 
The thriller had a new angle with a witness who was a neurlogically damaged loner, and Detective Stan Green's patience and understanding of his condition.  I was also taken with the fact that a friendship developed between the detective and the witness. Dave also wove in many threads that included a bookstore owner, the Yankees & Red Sox rivalry, and a failed marriage with all the consequences. Dave nailed the atmosphere of New York City and Brooklyn. There is no question that our customers will love this book. And there is no question that I want a copy for my collection, when this comes out.

No comments: