Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Watching Over Tess Gerritsen's Shoulder

Rizzoli and Isles, on TNT
Dave and I are enjoying the new TV show, Rizzoli and Isles, based loosely on Tess Gerritsen's books. I say "loosely" because the dialogue and plot details often come from the books, but the inter-character dynamics are vastly different. So watching the show is a bit like seeing a movie made from a book. So far, the only films that haven't disappointed me after reading the books have been pretty much the Dennis Lehane ones (especially Gone Baby Gone) and the Stieg Larsson films from Sweden (we've seen numbers one and two).

So to focus on Gerritsen herself, as well as her books, here's a link to the grand blog of crime writers, Murderati -- with Gerritsen describing her workspace. Nice digs, Tess. I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees horizontal surfaces as designed for piles of stuff.

No comments: