Thursday, March 31, 2011

Baseball Season Opens Today (A Note from Dave)

The baseball season opens today and I thought I would share this photograph with our loyal Kingdom Books customers and blog readers. The photograph was given to me sometime in the late 1960s and was rescued from Al's Barbershop, which was directly across from The New Haven Railroad Station in
Connecticut, after the building burned to the ground, destroying a bar, a hotel, and the barbershop. The owner of the barbershop gave some sports photographs to my dad, who was a Station Master for the New York, New Haven & Hartford Railroad, and the barbershop was an old-fashioned shop where I received my first hair cut. Sorry to my Boston Red Sox friends but the photograph is of Frank Crosetti, Tony Lazzeri, and Joe DiMaggio of the New York Yankees. It was remarkable that a few photographs survived the fire.
[A note from Beth: Watch for reviews of April-release books, beginning late this evening. We all have our signs of the seasons!]

No comments: