Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Au Revoir but Not Goodbye, May 31, 2023


Dave and I took huge joy in creating Kingdom Books, first as a specialty bookshop (mysteries, poetry, Vermontiana) and then as a review blog. Dave's been gone four years, and I miss him all the time, but ... things must move forward, not back.

Effective today, since I'm reviewing at the New York Journal of Books and Historical Novels Review, I won't be posting more on this blog. But I'll leave it in place so you can search past reviews. 

As of 5:30 pm (Eastern), this blog racked up incredible numbers of page views (see below), and that's because of YOU. Thank you.

Beth

KINGDOM BOOKS Blog Stats, Page Views, as of May 31, 2023:

All Time 646759
Today 416
Yesterday 208
This Month 8640
Last Month 8485

3 comments:

J. Kingston Pierce said...

Thank you, Beth! I have very much enjoyed your reviews here, and will continue following them in the New York Journal of Books.

Cheers,
J. (Jeff) Kingston Pierce
Editor, The Rap Sheet

J. Kingston Pierce said...

And thank you for keeping this blog as an archive, so that links to your work from The Rap Sheet and other Web resources will continue to function.

Beth Kanell said...

Jeff, thanks for getting in touch -- I am very pleased to keep the blog as an archive and truly honored to know you've kept an eye on it. Readers who haven't seen your work yet can look here: http://therapsheet.blogspot.com Watch also for some new ways I'll be commenting on books, especially on my writing blog https://bethkanell.blogspot.com -- what I anticipate is a lot of short comments and some longer thoughtful pieces that may include multiple titles. Change can be good!