Sunday, April 19, 2020

Brief Mention: ENEMY QUEEN, Erotic Suspense from Robert Steven Goldstein

This blog rarely runs reviews a month ahead of publication, but it's a strange season for bookselling and we're trying to give authors an extra chance this way.

Chess playing is traditional in my family-of-origin (my sons and grandsons play, too), so the title and delightful cover of the new crime novel by Robert Steven Goldstein, ENEMY QUEEN, grabbed my attention right away. It turned out to be pretty different from what I expected -- fair warning, only pick this one up if you can stomach a lot of sexual "play," including S&M and fetishes. Since that is emphatically not the area I shelve, I'll just mention here that this is indeed crime fiction: Two men who should have known better begin to share a house in a North Carolina college town, then invite a "shared" woman to join them. She takes over, a murder follows, and, umm, that's all I'll say. Publication date is May 12.

But I really like the cover!

PS:  Looking for more mystery reviews, from cozy to very dark? Browse the Kingdom Books mysteries review blog here.

No comments: